HISTORY®’s hit scripted drama series VIKINGS returns to San Diego Comic Con with several exciting opportunities for fans, including a panel with exclusive season four footage, a “bludgeon booth” at the convention center, drinking horns and a Vikings Longship.
HISTORY’s VIKINGS PANEL: Friday, July 10 from 3:30-4:30 p.m., Room 6A Vikings returns to SDCC fresh from the season four set. Travis Fimmel (Ragnar), Katheryn Winnick (Lagertha), Clive Standen (Rollo) and Alexander Ludwig (Bjorn) along with Michael Hirst (writer/creator) and Dirk Hoogstra (EVP & General Manager, HISTORY) will reveal an exclusive sneak peek of the new season. Don’t miss out – come join them and find out what the gods have in store for season four!
VIKINGS BLUDGEON BOOTH – CONVENTION CENTER Vikings will be in booth #437 with a cinematic Instagram booth, allowing fans to create their own special effects Viking battle.
• The Bludgeon Booth is a walk-in glass and wooden structure, equipped with multiple ultra-slow motion cameras
• Fans dress in authentic costume, choose their opponent and then swing their Viking weapon to unleash special-effect blood splatter; cameras capture cinema-quality footage, which is compiled by on-site editors and integrated into a battle scene from the show
• 15s clips depicting a Viking battle are sharable via Instagram and other social platforms
VIKINGS HORNS – GASLAMP DISTRICT
Last year’s successful Vikings drinking horn program returns, giving thousands of horn-shaped beer vessels to eager and thirsty fans.
• Select local bars will offer special drink discounts for horn-holders
• Vikings Brand Ambassadors and Shield Maidens will distribute the horns throughout the Gaslamp District
VIKINGS LONGSHIP – DOWNTOWN / GASLAMP DISTRICT Let fans conquer San Diego aboard a Vikings Longship, driving through Downtown, Gaslamp Quarter and sailing the harbor.
• Custom fabrication and boat wrap will transform a popular San Diego “Seal Boat” into a Vikings Longship
• The boat will offer fans free stops to select Gaslamp locations, with fans receiving a Vikings Drinking Horn at the conclusion of the ride. Exact stops TBA.
• Select fans will also have a chance to win a sunset cruise aboard the Longship with the cast of Vikings.
Please join in the conversation by using hashtag #VikingsSDCC @HistoryVikings
VIKINGS Season Four is currently in production in Ireland and is slated to return in 2016 on HISTORY.